One of our most popular desserts, if not the most popular, are our freshly made and warm out of the oven chocolate chip cookies! Today, we’re sharing our popular recipe with you today – make sure to pair them with a cold glass of milk and eat them straight out of the oven for best flavor!
For a number of years our most popular dessert has been our freshly baked chocolate chip cookies! Today, we’re sharing our popular recipe with you! Chewy in the middle with a slight crisp on the edges, these cookies are packed with an array of gourmet chocolate chips and served with a cold glass of milk. A hint of salt and a splash of vanilla extract balance the cookie’s flavor, making them the best you’ll ever taste. Make a batch of our popular cookies today and rejoice in chocolate love!
Our Harbor View Chocolate Chip Cookies are available daily on the Henry’s dessert menu and baked to order by our chefs!
Harbor View Chocolate Chip Cookies
Yield: Two Dozen Cookies
1/2 cup all-purpose flour
1/2 cup bread flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
3/4 teaspoon kosher salt
1 1/2 sticks unsalted butter
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1/2 cup light brown sugar
2 large eggs
1 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 1/2 cups semisweet chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 350F.
- Sift all the dry ingredients together
- Cream the butter and sugars until light and fluffy.
- Add the eggs one at a time, scraping down the bowl after each egg.
- Add the vanilla and dry ingredients and mix just until incorporated.
- Add the chocolate chips and mix until combined.
- Scoop tablespoon-size portions onto parchment lined cookie sheet and bake for 12-15 minutes until golden brown. Serve with a glass of cold milk.
You can find this recipe, and much more, in our coffee table book. “The Hotel That Saved A Town” can be purchased at our Harbor View Hotel Front Desk, as well as order it online at one of our local bookstores like Bunches of Grapes and Edgartown Books.